The results obtained in Spencer schools reflect our status as a high performing regional Trust with a national reputation for excellence.
Primary Performance (Key Stage 2)
Our primary pupils are attaining above national averages. The attainment and progress of our disadvantaged pupils is improving at a rate which outstrips the national trend. Given the KS1 starting points of our KS2 pupils, results are significantly higher than results obtained by comparable multi-academy trusts.
Of over 150 multi-academy trusts with primary provision which have results published in 2017 performance tables:
- we are in the top 10% of trusts in relation to having well above average progress in each of reading, writing and mathematics
- we are in the top 20 trusts for the progress of our disadvantaged pupils across all of these subjects
Spencer pupils outperform national expectations by 3% in the combined reading, writing and mathematics tests.
71% of our students met the expected standard in reading (parity with national average).
81% of our students met the expected standard in writing (5% above national average).
80% of our students met the expected standard in mathematics (5% above national average).
81% of our students met the expected standard in spelling, punctuation and grammar (4% above national average).
Over the last three years, attainment in the reading, writing and mathematics combined offer for pupils eligible for the pupil premium in KS2 has outperformed expectations, moving significantly closer to the national average for non-pupil premium eligible children. The progress of children eligible for the pupil premium continues to outstrip expectations.
Secondary Performance (Key Stage 4)
With the introduction of the new 9-1 grade methodology replacing the conventional A*- G grades in English and mathematics, our academies continue to report significant success.
- For Progress 8, performance for 2017 was 0.07, compared to a national average of -0.03.
- For Attainment 8, performance for 2017 was 5, compared to a national average of 4.5 (44.6).
of all students achieved a grade 4-9 (a standard pass) in both English and mathematics combined.
Using the new tougher government measure of 5 (a good pass), 44% of our students achieved both English and mathematics combined.
of our students attained EBacc against a national average of 20%.
Progress 8 is a government measure which aims to capture the progress a pupil makes from the end of primary school to the end of secondary school. It is a value added measure, which means pupils’ results are compared to the achievements of other pupils with the same prior attainment.
Trust trend of improvement in the Attainment 8 and Progress 8 measures is sharply improving over time, and outperforms the national average on both measures.
- Two of our inspected academies were ‘outstanding’ and 8 ‘good’ at date of last inspection.
- Of the academies that joined us because they had previously been considered to be underperforming, 100% have shown improvement and have been recategorised accordingly in subsequent inspections.